Adelaide BioMed City is an integrated multi-facility campus for undertaking clinical trials to the highest international standards
Why conduct clinical trials
at Adelaide BioMed City?
- World-class facilities, expertise, and support
- Outstanding researchers delivering innovation and integrity
- Robust pipeline of research activities – basic research, clinical studies, health services and public health research
- Expert community of medical staff and life scientists
- Specialist capabilities – including medical imaging and high acuity
- Integrated partnership between the new Royal Adelaide Hospital, SAHMRI, the University of Adelaide and the University of South Australia
- Key industry relationships including CMAX and national and international Clinical Research Organizations
Clinical Trial Facilities
With over 30 clinical trial rooms, Adelaide BioMed City is the most significant health and life science research cluster in the southern hemisphere. Adelaide BioMed City is delivering healthcare outcomes through integrated hospital and university research equipment, such as world-class medical imaging and high acuity facilities.Learn More
Medical staff operate at several of the facilities at Adelaide BioMed City, providing expertise in undertaking clinical trials.
- Extensive experience in early phase proof of concept trials, including first-in-human
- Strong clinical pharmacology medical community
- Integrated investigator-initiated and commercially-sponsored research studies
Ethical and regulatory review
Government regulatory approval is generally not required for clinical research studies in Australia;
the Human Research Ethics Committees undertake this function.
- Submission-to-approval timescales are typically 4-8 weeks
- Simple notification procedure to the regulator (TGA)
- Site specific assessments ensure appropriate research governance
Adelaide BioMed City is tackling a diverse range of population and individual health-based solutions through safe and effective Clinical Trial investigations. You can be a part of our leading edge scientific solutions.
If you are interested in participating in Adelaide BioMed City Clinical Trials, please contact us
To learn more about what’s involved in participating in a Clinical Trial, visit Australian Clinical Trials.